Friday, July 18, 2008

Training upgrade from v1.1 to v1.2

A few years ago I took the official CMMI v1.1 Introduction training. Given that I don't have a lot of time right now, I was wondering how much longer the upgrade training to v1.2 would stay available - just to be sure I don't have to spend another 3 days later on for the intro to v1.2.

I asked this question of Mike Phillips several months ago and he said that the SEI has no immediate plans to do away with the v1.2 Upgrade class. Over 40,000 people have been trained on either CMMI v 1..0 or v1.1 and only a fraction have taken the upgrade. So there is an ongoing need for the Upgrade class. Given the v1.3 information I posted on this blog on May 12 CMMI Updates from the SEI and the fact that the Intro to CMMI class will be changing at some unspecified time in the future, I would expect that the SEI will also be producing a v1.3 Upgrade class that could replace the v1.2 Upgrade class (pure speculation on my part).

No comments: