Without having any insight at all into your process, I cannot provide you a solution. However, if you want to shorten the process time, here are the steps I would follow:
- First answer the question why you want to shorten the process time. Is this desire driven by your business goals and objectives and/or your process goals and objectives?
- If the answer is yes, then define and document your process.
- Define, collect, and analyze appropriate process measures that can be used to understand your process time.
- Analyze the process to determine which step or steps are the major drivers for the current process time of 12 minutes.
- Pilot different process step changes that could result in shortening your process time to 8 minutes and still meet your business goals and objectives and your process goals and objectives.
- Based on this analysis, change your process.